Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing [SMM] is an online marketing technique where content is created and shared on social media networks as a part of company’s marketing strategy. Social media marketing is a powerful way to reach prospects and customers through social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Social media marketing helps with business goals like booming website traffic, building conversions, creating brand identity, uplifting brand awareness, brand building, customer retention and improving interaction with customers.
The expected outcome from the campaign, the target audience, the platform, the intended message to be communicated to the audience, business goals are all considered before every social media campaign. Every campaign must be designed and executed in line with the business goals of the customer. For example: The platform, the content and the target audience will vary for different business goals like opening of a new outlet / new product launch / festival offer, etc.
Good content that is informative and engaging with images,videos and infographics will gain maximum attention for the audience. Every social networking platform has its own unique environment and voice. Social media content should be appropriate for different platforms and at the same time should be consistent with the business goals of the customer. SMM is a great way to leverage unique, original content to gain fans and followers.
Social Media Marketing Guidelines
Paid advertising in social media
Paid social advertising is worthwhile to expand reach as it rightly exhibits information to huge audience at low cost.
Target marketing is the key advantage of digital marketing as it allows smart spending of budget on exactly the type of people who are most likely to be interested in your business.
Social media strategies should be consistent. Periodical postings attract followers and will eventually lead to sales. Posting lots of ads for one week, but not posting anything for the next week, will not attract people, instead retract them against your page. Depending on the platform, multiple postings a day will engage with your followers on a regular basis.
Measuring the success
Analytics will have to be in place to measure the success and progress of a campaign.
Timeframe is imperative for every campaign. A deadline is important to achieve a goal, this will pull the efforts, resources and attention in the right direction.
An ideal customer database is required depending on the campaign / product / business. A poor database can lead to low engagement on their social profiles, and poor or no response. Buyer personas define right people and ensure we communicate right messages to them.
Demographics of customers
Audience can be grouped based on age, occupation, income, interests, issues, habits, likes, dislikes in Facebook and some other social networks. Specific targeting can generate more leads and can raise conversion rates too.
An eye on competitors
Researching competition can help with the kind of strategy to be used for campaigns so that those techniques can be implemented for promotions. Details on activity engagement and contents can clearly differentiate what works and what does not.
Data on usage pattern of social media
Research on usage of social media by audience will guide on the primary, secondary and tertiary social networks to focus on.
Type of content, time of posting and frequency of posting are the main components to any successful social media content strategy. The type of content you should post on each social network relies on form and context. Form is how you present that information—text only, images, links, video, etc. Context fits with your company voice and platform trends. Context is deciding if the content should be funny, serious, highly detailed and educational or something else.
Every business has unique audience, There are no hard and fast rules for a specific time to post on social media. We have to use our studies to understand the favorable time to post that will gain maximum visibility from the audience.
The business, the audience and the platform will decide the perfect frequency to post on social media. Appropriate frequency is critical as it fetches more engagement for the content and more page likes and post likes. Facebook Insights help us identify the time our audience are on social networks.
Social media marketing requires a decent budget for a successful campaign and a good conversion rate. Campaign monitoring tools, CRM services for effective follow up involve costs and sufficient amount have to be allotted to the each of them. Framing a strategy and then apportioning the budget will be the right approach.
Social Media Platforms
- Active social media marketing strategy
- Careful attention to layout
- Visual component is key
- Light and friendly tone
- Organic reach on Facebook is limited
- Cost-effective ad strategy
- Granular targeting capability
- Upload and share photos, videos, links
- Can make use of Google+ circles
- Can segment followers into smaller groups
- Can host video conferences
- Video chats for business support
- Image-centered platform
- Female are primary audience
- Ideal for retail sales
- Ability to showcase product offerings
- Develops brand identity
- Eye-catching, unique pinboards
- Social media tool to broadcast updates across web
- Can follow tweeple of your choice
- Can post official tweets about specials, discounts, and news
- Can post fun-filled, brand-building tweets
- Highest possible interaction
- Professional social media marketing site
- Groups are great venue for professional community
- Excellent platform for posting jobs and general employee networking
- Business can get a recommendation on your profile
- Recommendations ensures credibility of business
- Best platform for sharing video content
- Useful, instructive “how-to” videos can captivate target audience
- These how-to videos also have the added benefit of ranking on the video search results of Google, so don’t under-estimate the power of video content!
- Location-Based Social Media Tools
- Ideal for sharing compelling content
- Reddit has incredible social media marketing potential
- Reddit community is young, geeky, liberal, and internet-obsessed
- Extremely tech-savvy community
There is no rule book for a successful social media strategy. As you run a campaign, with the right analytics you will be able to understand whether it works or not. Some strategies may not work well with the audience; during such times it is important to quickly understand what went wrong and change the strategy according to the audience pulse.
Our customer support team will quickly solve your issues and teach you all you need to know with live webinars. Service with a Smile!